Which one do you prefer? Are they both secure?
- On-site destruction destroys risk and liability while off-site shredding increases it.
- It is easier for off-site shredding companies to collect and shred with lower equipment costs which will lower your bill. However, once your sensitive information reaches their location it may not be shredded immediately, leaving your sensitive information exposed until it is shredded.
- Once the off-site shredding process begins, someone being paid minimum wage (usually foreign workers in our country) will sort your documents to separate out the clean whites from coloured/low quality paper. This is because clean whites get paid a higher price by the recyclers.
- Your sensitive information will remain available for theft or viewing.
- Your sensitive documents will be handled multiple times by multiple people including the collection truck driver, the sorters and everyone else who has access to the facilities.
- When you are paying for secure destruction it makes no sense to allow your sensitive information to be open to that kind of access.
- An offsite truck makes multiple stops each day, meaning your sensitive information is compromised each time new documents are loaded into the truck and when the truck travels from one place to the other, they are exposed to possible accidents and road hazards which could leave your documents exposed for the public to see!
Armed with our powerful and highly advanced shredder, we shred every single document at your location, eliminating your liability and risk before we leave.